Thursday, May 27, 2010

Background Reading

Putting together a short list of some useful documents relevant to our work - I will edit this piece later to add more - Please let me know of sites or documents you recommend by commenting. I have also embedded below an excellent Slide show produced by Suzie Vesper outlining the essential elements of an effective ICT Planning Process.


Background Reading and useful Links

Smart School = Smart Economy Report of ICT in Schools Joint Advisory Groups

NCTE School Planning

Steven Heppell's Blog

Top 100 tools for Learning as voted by Learning Professionals

Ted Talk on 'opening up learning'





2 comments:

  1. Colin Cummins - LCAESMay 31, 2010 at 11:15 AM

    http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/richard_baraniuk_on_open_source_learning.html
    An interesting talk on "open source" learning - really a discussion on how we can open up learning, and particularly books, and take an open source view of the content.

    Clearly Moodle is one way in which we could take an "open source" approach and I think the popularity of I-Phone apps asks the question -could we take a content creation approach to our course content similar to that used to generate I-phone apps content i.e. users contribute to continually update our course content - all facilitated by the technologies we use throughout the VEC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have added Colins suggestion as a link on the original post so that all resources are together. Any more suggestios welcome. This presentation highlights a move away from 'expert' generated content to a more democratic user generated content.

    ReplyDelete